The Youth Grant program provides funding opportunities to youth groups in First Nation communities in British Columbia to support inclusiveness, belonging, physical and mental well-being, cultural, traditional, creative, and entrepreneurial activities all geared toward giving First Nation youth the tools, experiences, confidence, motivation, and teachings to be secure in their First Nation identity.
Who Can Apply
- B.C. First Nations
- B.C. First Nation Youth Groups
If you have any questions on eligibility, please contact the Program Specialist Lana Plante at [email protected] to discuss.
- Continuous until funds are exhausted or December 6th, 2022
- Up to $5,000 per year
- A First Nation applicant can apply and be funded for all 3 initiatives for a maximum of $15,000 per year. Only one project per initiative can be funded at a time – for example: One Elder, one Language, and one Youth project per year.
- Youth cooking classes
- Youth connections
- Arts and mentorship
- Hunting and cutting wood
- Youth cedar workshop
- Urban knowledge transfer ceremony
- Land-based cultural camps
- On the land excursions
- Food security workshops
- Gathering strength canoe journey
- Drum making workshop
- Cultural teachings
- Traditional medicines workshops
- Reclaiming our voice
- Lost art of storytelling
- Leadership and culture camp
- Summer sports day
How To Apply
- Download, review and complete the Youth, Elder, Language Guidelines and Application
- If you have questions or want to discuss a potential project, please contact Lana Plante at [email protected] and we will arrange a time with you.
Guidelines & Application (word)
The Youth, Elder, Language grant cycle for 2022-23 is now open from May 13th, 2022 until funds are exhausted or December 6th 2022 at 12:00pm PST.