***Important Note*** For fiscal 2020-21, please note that the NRT is assessing its initiatives in light of the current situation. We are not able to provide an estimated date for when the assessment will be complete, so please check the NRT website each week for potential updates. We appreciate your patience as we navigate these new set of circumstances, and wish you and those close to you good health through it all.
The NRT team
The New Relationship Trust has committed $250,000 to 2019-20 to fund Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) projects that are delivered by First Nations in BC. With the commitment to K-12 education projects at the First Nations community level, K-12 grants provide funding to BC First Nations to assist in the delivery of educational projects.
- Applications need to have a letter of Support from BC First Nations Chief & Council (does not need to be a BCR).
- BC First Nations and First Nation schools can apply for funding up to $5000 for education projects for K-12 students that are related in the following three areas: English & Literacy, Math and Science.
- Only one application will be approved per BC First Nation Community
- Projects that have received K-12 funding from the NRT in the last fiscal year are required to submit their 2018-2019 or outstanding final report before applying for 2019-2020 funds.
Examples of Eligible Expenses:
- Education Projects (e.g. reading and literacy workshops, enhancing education through technology, homework clubs with tutors)
- Purchase Education Supplies (e.g. books, science supplies, tablets, apps, children’s educational software, etc.)
- Aboriginal Parents as Literacy Supporters (APALS)