The Language Grant program provides funding opportunities to First Nation communities in British Columbia for initiatives that revitalize First Nation languages and supports activities that build capacity to encourage and create new fluent speakers.
Who can Apply
- B.C. First Nations
- B.C. First Nation Language Groups
If you have any questions on eligibility, please contact the Program Specialist Lana Plante at [email protected] to discuss.
Continuous until funds are exhausted or December 6th, 2022
- Up to $5,000 per year
- A First Nation applicant can apply and be funded for all 3 initiatives for a maximum of $15,000 per year. Only one project per initiative can be funded at a time – for example: One Elder, one Language, and one Youth project per year.
- Weekly language lessons
- Virtual language lessons
- Language camp
- Reclaiming our Voice
- Language immersion sessions
How To Apply
- Download, review and complete the Youth, Elder, Language Guidelines and
- If you have questions or want to discuss a potential project, please contact Lana Plante at [email protected] and we will arrange a time with you.
Guidelines & Application (word)
The Youth, Elder, Language grant cycle for 2022-23 is now open from May 13th, 2022 until funds are exhausted or December 6th 2022 at 12:00pm PST.