The New Relationship Trust has committed $250,000 to 2019-20 to fund Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) projects that are delivered by First Nations in BC. With the commitment to K-12 education projects at the First Nations community level, K-12 grants provide funding to BC First Nations to assist in the delivery of educational projects.
- Applications need to have a letter of Support from BC First Nations Chief & Council (does not need to be a BCR).
- BC First Nations and First Nation schools can apply for funding up to $5000 for education projects for K-12 students that are related in the following three areas: English & Literacy, Math and Science.
- Only one application will be approved per BC First Nation Community
- Projects that have received K-12 funding from the NRT in the last fiscal year are required to submit their 2018-2019 or outstanding final report before applying for 2019-2020 funds.
Examples of Eligible Expenses:
- Education Projects (e.g. reading and literacy workshops, enhancing education through technology, homework clubs with tutors)
- Purchase Education Supplies (e.g. books, science supplies, tablets, apps, children’s educational software, etc.)
- Aboriginal Parents as Literacy Supporters (APALS)