The Elder Grant program provides funding opportunities to elder groups in First Nation communities in British Columbia to improve access and the quality of elder experiences and activities for maintaining inclusion, belonging, cultural, emotional, mobility, health, and physical well-being.
Who Can Apply
- B.C. First Nations
- B.C. First Nation Elder Groups
If you have questions on eligibility, please contact the Program Specialist, Lana Plante at [email protected] to discuss.
- Continuous until funds are exhausted or December 6th, 2022
- Up to $5,000 per year
- A First Nation applicant can apply and be funded for all 3 initiatives for a maximum of $15,000 per year. Only one project per initiative can be funded at a time – for example: One Elder, one Language, and one Youth project per year.
- Elders out and about
- Elder luncheons and activities
- Documenting and preserving who we are
- Reconnecting elders
- Elder team building excursions
- Arts and crafts
- Elder sewing club
- Elders bound book
- Sharing in culture and traditional practices
- Digitization of elder stories and photos
- Elders fitness
How To Apply
- Download, review and complete the Youth, Elder, Language Guidelines and Application
- If you have questions or want to discuss a potential project, please contact Lana Plante at [email protected] and we will arrange a time with you.
Guidelines & Application (word)
The Youth, Elder, Language grant cycle for 2022-23 is now closed. Please check back in Spring 2023 for the next opening dates.
Final Report Template (word)
If you have completed your project, please download and complete the brief final report template and then send it to the contact listed on the form.