Tŝilhqot’in National Government Solar Farm – BCICEI Funded project in 2018/2019
BC Indigenous Clean Energy Initiative
The British Columbia Indigenous Clean Energy Initiative (BCICEI) provides support and capacity-building funds to Indigenous communities working on the development of clean energy projects.
BCICEI funding will enable the implementation of cost-effective clean energy and efficiency projects through support for:
- Feasibility and site selection activities
- Environmental review and permitting
- Project design and engineering
- Demand side management.
The initiative will also target remote and off-grid communities seeking to reduce dependency on conventional diesel power generation.
Who Can Apply
- BC First Nations
- Tribal Councils
- Indigenous for profit and not-for-profit corporations, partnerships, and other legal entities which are majority owned and controlled by First Nation communities.
Project Funding Streams
Feasibility and site selection
Project design & engineering
Environmental Review & Permitting
Demand Side Management
- Initiatives or retrofits identified as effective in controlling electricity demand of existing buildings.
Clean Energy (small scale installation/non-utility scale)
- Small scale community-owned energy generation to power the First Nation community in whole or in part and could include – solar, wind, hydro, ocean power, biomass, biogas, & geothermal
- Projects that have an existing energy purchase agreement, or impact benefit agreement, that are expected to generate own source revenue and jobs for its community.
- Both capital and non-capital costs that will assist the execution of the agreement are eligible
How To Apply
The 2022-23 BCICEI Program is now closed. Below were the 2022-23 intake dates:
December 12th, 2022 – Program Opened and accepted applications
January 18th, 2023 – Program Closing Date
Read the BCICEI Application Guidelines, which also contains our Frequently Asked Questions on page 12.
Complete all fields of the BCICEI Application Form (electronically or manually) BCICEI Application Form (word) or BCICEI Application Form (PDF).
If submitting electronically, save the completed BCICEI Application with the following filename format: ApplicantName_BCICEI_ddmmyy.doc
Prepare supporting documentation to submit with the BCICEI Application as a complete application package (see sections 4 and 5.2 of the BCICEI Application Guidelines)
Email or mail (fax submissions not accepted) the completed BCICEI Application Form and all necessary supporting documentation to the New Relationship Trust. To ensure your submission will be considered, do not submit individually or in pieces.
Email Subject (example):
‘XYZ First Nation, email 1 of 4’
*NEW EMAIL FOR 2021-2022 INTAKE*
New Relationship Trust
Attention: Sarah Powell & Selina Beltran
3188 Alder Court
North Vancouver, BC
Sarah Powell & Selina Beltran
BC Indigenous Clean Energy Initiative (BCICEI)
New Relationship Trust
Emails: [email protected] & [email protected]
***YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO [email protected]***