The New Relationship Trust (NRT) has committed $500,000 in 2016-2017 to fund Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) projects that are delivered by First Nations in BC. With the commitment to K-12 education projects at the First Nations community level, K-12 grants provide funding to BC First Nations to assist in the delivery of educational projects and promote student achievements.
- Applications need to have a letter of Support from BC First Nations Chief & Council (does not need to be a BCR).
- BC First Nations can apply for funding up to $5,000 for education projects that are related in the following three areas: English & Literacy; Math; and/or Science.
- Only one project application will be approved per BC First Nation.
- Projects that have received K-12 funding from NRT are required to submit their final report before applying for new funds
Examples of Funded Projects Include:
- Education Projects (e.g. reading and literacy workshops, enhancing education through technology, homework clubs with tutors)
- Purchase Education Supplies (e.g. books, science supplies, tablets, apps, children’s educational software, etc.)
- Aboriginal Parents as Literacy Supporters (APALS)
Until funds are exhausted