The NRT has partnered with the various BC Aboriginal Financial Institutions (AFI’s) to offer an equity matching initiative intended to assist BC Indigenous entrepreneurs and First Nation Businesses with equity-matching funds to support, modernize or expand a business in BC.
The equity matching grants are administered by the AFIs in their respective service regions in BC. The grants are not offered as a stand-alone source of funding and must be applied for in conjunction with a business loan and are conditional on the AFI approving a loan that is supported by a viable business opportunity with confirmed equity, collateral, and business plan. The grants will reduce the cash burden for entrepreneurs in meeting their equity requirements of a business loan
Who can Apply
- B.C. First Nation entrepreneurs
- B.C. First Nation community businesses
Continuous until funds are exhausted (check with the AFI in your area for more information)
- Up to $5,000 for entrepreneurs
- Up to $25,000 for community businesses
How To Apply
- Contact or visit the website of a BC Aboriginal Financial Institution (listed below)
- If you are applying for a loan, request access to the NRT equity matching Grant.